Thursday 28 September 2017

Scorpion Season 4 Premiere Review: It's Back!


My favourite show is finally back! To say I was excited for the return of Scorpion is an understatement, and so of course I am going to write a review of the Season 4 Premiere episode. That I wanted to blog something and I could not think of anything else. I will do a quick catch up for those of you who don't watch it, so spoilers ahead!

For a more general show summary, see my Top 5 Favourite Shows on TV right now

So at the end of Season 3, they will-they-wont-they couple Paige (Katherine McPhee) and Walter (Elyes Gabel) finally got together, after the team were rescued from a desert island which they survived on for two weeks (yes this show is a bit far-fetched). Toby (Eddie Kaye Thomas aka Finch from American Pie) and Happy (Jadyn Wong) got married and all seemed right with the world.

So Season 4 picks up hours after Season 3 ended, with a musical number. This was built up heavily in marketing for this season, because it's a musical number in a show that's not Glee! I should have loved it, but I didn't! It just seemed and jarring, and I was impatient to get the show going after five months of hiatus.

The main focus of this episode is the return of villain Mark Collins (there's a LOT of backstory on him) and his help needed in a case. Of course I don't trust him, and his promise that he's not a crazed psychopath anymore. Since we have Part 2 to come, my theory remains that something will happen and Collins will die. Morbid, yes. Intense, very! Just what this show needs!

Not suprisingly, Walter and Paige are already seeing problems, with genius Walter not understanding how to treat Paige. Is she a girlfriend or a team member beneath him? Hopefully they don't drag this out too far, because we had a bit of this at the end of last season, and I'm ready for it to end. 

But, as always, newlyweds Happy and Toby are classic selves. Bickering as always, while still affectionate. They provided some lighter moments, and from what I've read, I am very excited to see where their storyline goes this season.

So I enjoyed the episode, but in the scale of episodes it's average. Maybe I will like after seeing some more of the season. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment