Wednesday 20 September 2017

Victoria Review Series 2 Episode 4: The Sins of the Father

Yes my review is a bit late! But still, better late than never! Although it will be briefer as I have another review I want to do!

This episode was very uneasy, which isn't surprising considering the subject matter it covered. Victoria's suffering of post-natal depression after the birth of her son was very sad, and I can see why it's been praised on social media. 

And Albert's history, or alleged history, was very surprising, although the whole introduction of it did take the show away from it's historical roots. It felt very soapy. Hopefully though that will the end of it for now. The show is stretching its historical roots more and more, and so far each episode hasn't topped the premiere yet.

Also, I was so glad Miss Skerrett was allowed to keep her job, considering her cow of a cousin ratted out her story to the press. She was trying to support her family with the job, and they threw it back at her. I hope she cuts all ties with the cousin now. And I was sad to see that the blame was pinned on the chef because he had treated himself with his pay rise. Lahzen is the worst housekeeper ever! She clearly wants to look good in front of her seniors and I just find her character annoying. 

So yes a very brief review, but there was nothing in particular from this weeks episode that truly stood out for me. Hopefully next week will be better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment